Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I'm looking for a lightweight image viewer (like Preview or Xee) that will give me a text input window for adding spotlight comments to images. I know iPhoto will do this, but I like have iPhoto specifically for camera photos and not images like wallpapers, icons, and the like. I don't see any way for Preview to do this, and Xee can't do it, either.

Thanks for any info about this!

(Also, I tried Picasa, but I think that's a little much for my needs even though it is free)

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
right click on the image and (or ctrl click) and then show info. Above in the window it says something about spotlight. Here you can stat words that are about the file. (for example a picture of a plane, the picture is called skies. You can then add plane to the spotlight part. Now when you search in spotlight for plane, it will show the image).

You probably knew this already and were searching for an app that makes this more easy. But in case you didn't knew yet I wrote this.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Yeah, I know that trick. I was hoping for an app that had a text box built in for such a thing. Must not be out there, but thanks for the info!

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Open images or anything in Preview, press cmd+I for Inspector. Select the Magnifying glass tab and input all you want!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.