"imagent" and "quicklookd"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neuroshock, Jul 4, 2011.

1. neuroshock macrumors newbie

both processes have been living under top ever since I installed leopard, I realize that quicklookd is related to facetime but the thing is they are running even though I'm not using facetime, in fact I have not launched facetime even once. I guess only when im using skype, it used the "facetime camera"

Most of the times the 2 process appear to be using 0% cpu, does any one know why those processes are there even though i;m not using facetime?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

quicklookq has deals with the Quicklook feature of Mac OS X. To use Quicklook, select a file in Finder then hit the space bar. The imagent has to deal with FaceTime. Its purpose is to alert the Mac OS X environment of an incoming FaceTime call.

3. neuroshock thread starter macrumors newbie

Do u mean quicklookd? or quicklooq? ... cause i only see a process named "quicklookd" (the quicklook demon i guess)

quicklook feature... for previewing files? so it's being used when i "command-i" on a file to get more info and there's like a "preview" section at the very bottom?
    Well i guess if quicklookd handles the file previews then it makes sense for it to be there.

But why is imagent running when facetime isnt?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Quicklookq. The command-I is one of the times Quicklook is used. The FaceTime service is always running in the background so your Mac can receive calls. If someone was to call your FaceTime account right now, FaceTime would open and prompt your to answer it or decline it.

5. neuroshock thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhh i see, that makes sense. Thanks :)