Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guerndt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Ok i am new to programming in objective C, i just had one quick question. I am currently Bidding and waiting to get my Mac so i can use the SDK kit. During this time i was wondering if i could start building my program. My idea has some animation and images. I was wondering what kind of files do i need to be compatible with iphones and the toolkit? I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that flash does not work. I have very simple video's that involve stick figures i would like to make and need to know what kind of formats i need to be compatible with my program. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Guerndt

tw002

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2009
Apple's list of supported image formats:

Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
.tiff, .tif
Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG)
.jpg, .jpeg
Graphic Interchange Format (GIF)
.gif
Portable Network Graphic (PNG)
.png
Windows Bitmap Format (DIB)
.bmp, .BMPf
Windows Icon Format
.ico
Windows Cursor
.cur
XWindow bitmap
.xbm

No, the iPhone does not support flash. The standard for video is H.264 and 640x480 resolution. iSquint is a useful tool for converting to this format, not sure what the windows equivalent would be.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19769/isquint

Guerndt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
What Program would you recommend for making small animations that is very simple to use for stick figure animation that would work on the iPhone the only real animation progam I have used it flash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.