Images don't show up in Messages if person not in contacts?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by donawalt, Apr 25, 2019.

1. donawalt macrumors 6502

donawalt

I saw an odd thing today on my wife's phone, I'm wondering if this is a security feature or something....on the latest iOS 12.2....she is in a Messages thread with 11 people, about 7 of them are in her contacts, 4 are not. Today, one of the 4 who are not in her Contacts sent a photo to the group on this thread - I am on the thread too , and I got the photo. But my wife did not! She got comments after that message in the thread, just not that photo. She's not the greatest in adding to people to Contacts, is this the issue? Thanks!

2. donawalt thread starter macrumors 6502

donawalt

3. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

Shared Apple ID? If so, all bets off on messages being delivered correctly. Though in theory, if iCloud Messages are on, should sync between devices correctly.

4. donawalt thread starter macrumors 6502

donawalt

Thanks for your reply. There is no shared Apple ID, I happened to be on the same thread but different Apple ID. In fact my wife only has an Apple phone, no other devices with her Apple ID.

5. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

I don’t use group messages, so cannot comment directly. But perhaps it was a one off glitch? See if you can repeat it.