Images from I Phone Camera Roll to IMAC?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djdave, Jan 27, 2011.

1. djdave macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2010
    Hi all

Been searching for ways to do this on the 3G I Phone to an IMAC G5.

I've had my IMAC 4 years now and am very close to throwing the thing through the window.

Why on earth can't you simply import images from your I Phone onto your IMAC? I have I Photo 5 version 5.0.4 which is what was supplied with the MAC. I have no intention of paying for an upgrade as I no longer intend to keep the MAC for much longer. I'm struggling to get on with it and using spreadsheets on MACS is a nightmare as far as I'm concerned.

If I plug in my I Phone to my IMAC all the software wants to do is add every image from I Photo onto my I Phone.

Are you trying to tell me that the only way I can get images across from my I Phone to my IMAC is by emailing each indivudual image?

Not being able to Bluetooth from the I Phone onto the MAC is also ridiculous. I can Bluetooth any mobile I like to my IMAC but not an I Phone.

Can someone please enlighen me? Thanks.
  2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

Jan 2, 2011
    I can't say for sure, because I'm not looking at your Mac, but when I plug my phone into the Mac, iPhoto pops up and asks if I want to import photos, and I can then select all the photos in the camera roll or just the ones that I want. Works that way on every Mac that I have seen, or PC to for that matter.
  3. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2009
    You can always import the pictures into your mac with the image capture application