Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
For some reason I have to change the vertical placement of images in iWeb for them to appear inline as I had them appearing while writing.

I have attached two images the first is of how it looks in the editor and the second is how it looks on the web page.

The general problem is that the images appear lower than they do in the editor.

They typically sit next to text boxes that have word wrap set so that the words don't bleed over the images in fire fox and none of them have masks (though I tested using them and had no positive results.

Attachments

• Broken2.png
    Broken2.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Broken2.2.png
    Broken2.2.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 80

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I have the same problem with iLife 08. I put some mp3s of some garageband files I made onto a page. In the editor they look perfect and are right where they should be. But in Safari and Firefox they are just floating on the page right over all the paragraph text. I tried everything to get them to show in the right place with no success. I tried in line text and in its own text box. Nothing works. The mp3s just go wherever they want. Must be a bug. I hope they fix it soon because it looks like crap.

See......

Attachments

• GB.jpg
    GB.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 59

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Being a web developer most of what you guys are experiencing is browser translation of the DOM (Document Object Model).

As they say "All men are created equal" the same is NOT TRUE for browsers.

Each browser renders differently. It's up to the developer to find the right mix of CSS, HTML markup to get a page to display properly in multiple browsers.

EVEN SAFARI and iWeb pages may not even render how you want them to (yes even some Mac stuff doesn't play nice with each other).

Most of this is not Apple's responsibility to fix. This would involve some 'fuzzy' logic to try to comprehend what your doing, then generate code that 'may' or 'may not' work in many browsers. As it stands, I'm unsure what (as I haven't bothered to look) kind of CSS/Javascript/HTML iWeb generates if it's W3C compliant, and if it is, that still doesn't mean that some browsers will render it how you designed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.