Images not showing in mail preview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dionnor, Apr 22, 2010.

1. dionnor macrumors newbie

The images in mail have stopped downloading in the document preview and are now shown with a thumbnail. I have looked everywhere to change that setting but am unable to - please help!!

2. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

Are you sure it's happening to all images? I'm not aware of any way to select images vs. icons. However, I have found that multi-page attachments will show up as icons.

3. dionnor thread starter macrumors newbie

Images not showing

Previously when there was an image attachment it would preview with the message inline ie. it would be part of the message that I could view. Now when I check mail there will be an icon inline saying 001.jog and a broken icon. If I want to view the image I have to use preview or quicklook. Something has changed without me changing it. New to mac so a little confusing.:)

4. lie2me macrumors member

Are you viewing mail in a junk folder?
    Do you seen any button to load image?
    I have seen problems with PDF files being unviewable because I had the wrong version of Acrobat reader installed.
    You may need to upgrade the application of the files you want to read.

Good luck.

5. chaneytelle macrumors newbie

help

I am having the exact same problem and have looked everywhere to find a solution, but to no avail. If anyone can help, pleaseee do. All is appreciated:)

6. haumana macrumors member

I have the same problem here. Old emails, new emails, after a clean install of mavericks, after a clean install of yosemite. I've tried just about everything suggested and recommended amd still het the same results. Is there anyone out there with a fix?