Images of paedophile released

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Abstract, May 6, 2008.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There's no chance some random person on the internet who posts saying they know the identity of a criminal after a high-publicity appeal is made and then asks other random internet people for whether he/she should "rat them out" is just a fake looking for attention? I rather bet that he/she has a case of 3G iPhones in his/her basement too. ;)

3. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

Well, I guess you are unfamiliar with the intelligence level of foreign ESL teachers in Asia. Many (though definitely not all) of them would otherwise be unemployable in their home countries.

For pedophiles, it's easy to get a job as as an ESL teacher in Asia where the natives attribute their bizarre behavior to their different culture. The last one, Christopher Neil (AKA swirly face), was also caught in Thailand.

Edit:

Your post reminded me of this one complaining about the OP:

"I remember reading a thread on here about a guy who got bitten by a venomous snake, and he posted a topic asking other posters whether he should go the doctor or not.
    I thought that was the stupidest question I've ever read on here.
    Now it seems people have to rely on other posters to decide whether they turn in a suspected peadophile."

4. Queso macrumors G4

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Was that here? That was pretty ridiculous. :D I guess it's possible the person on that Thai Visa forum actually knows the person Interpol is looking for, but then again, it sounds kind of ridiculous to be posting a debate about whether or not to turn him in on the net....

7. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

seems that they nailed the guy this morning in New Jersey.
    Good for them.

8. Evangelion macrumors 68040

What the hell was that guys problem? "I think I know the person, should I let the authorities know? What if the children (aged 6-10 years old) were willing to have sex? oh, I was just contaced by the media, I think I will tell them my information, as opposed to notifying the police!".

He should be bitch-slapped hard.

9. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract