Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CausticSoda

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Not quite the same as getting a Rolex with and engraving :D
It's not about the money. That is a stupid game to play, especially with people like Ive. He would probably laugh at the thought that a Rolex is a luxury for him (and he probably hates a clunky "in your face" design or overt displays of wealth). He would probably get something made by Patek Philippe or similar to his own specifications - and thin! I loathe watches like Rolex, and that is not because I couldn't buy one if I really wanted one.

Reactions: toto75

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
It's not about the money. That is a stupid game to play, especially with people like Ive. He would probably laugh at the thought that a Rolex is a luxury for him (and he probably hates a clunky "in your face" design or overt displays of wealth). He would probably get something made by Patek Philippe or similar to his own specifications - and thin! I loathe watches like Rolex, and that is not because I couldn't buy one if I really wanted one.
First of all I never said that it's about the money — it's about worth. Old Rolex watches hold their value, while old Apple Watches are nothing but obsolete(and this isn't even a watch).

Secondly, maybe you don't need to speak to what Ive would 'probably' do/want?.. It seems a bit like a fantasy game :)

Reactions: rishey

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Good to see this. Other than the pin it looks like there is no other difference.

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
"Sir" ... I still can't get past that. It's just a wee bit ridiculous.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
"Sir" ... I still can't get past that. It's just a wee bit ridiculous.

More ridiculous than wearing a powered wig on one’s head while having very serious discussions with other men who are also wearing powdered wigs and taking themselves very seriously?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.