imaginary crack on screen...anyone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shayneox, Jul 16, 2015.

1. shayneox macrumors member

shayneox

Anyone else a hairy gorilla and not be wearing their glasses like the wife nags you to do so and look down at your watch and one of you ancient long gorilla arms hairs is on the screen and for a moment...think its a crack and have the heart skip a beat?? Or is it just me .

2. deadandalive macrumors member

deadandalive

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Trim your wrist. That's what I do as I can't stand hair getting in the way of the watch.

4. shayneox thread starter macrumors member

shayneox

I really dont know how to respond to (trim your wrist)....never in my life have I heard such an odd comment...hahaha and I did laugh out loud on that one.

5. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

So you look incredible when you're not wearing the watch.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm not talking about shaving the arm. Trim just enough so the hair doesn't overlap the screen. The Watch sits rather high so you're not trimming that much and you'll still look hairy.

7. lg251 macrumors 6502

I have that problem and would not trim it! Don't want to have hair growing stronger and thicker over time!
    I just "tuck" them on the side lol

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You won't encounter this problem if you simply trim instead of shave. When you trim using a trimmer (with an adjustable trimming comb), you cut the hair lying on their side at an angle so they remain soft. On the other hand, when you shave you blunt their ends so they feel stiffer and that's why people perceive new hairs as growing "stronger and thicker."

9. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

This!

I slide my finger along the bottom edge of the watch every now & again which neatly 'tucks' them away. My Hoco metal strap though looks a little the wrist hair version of old paving slabs where the weeds grow up through the cracks & gaps!

10. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I have cats with grey/white fur and I'm always freaking out that I have scratches on my watch/iphone/ipad/imac/macbook/anything when one of their hairs gets statically stuck to it.

I'm gonna shear them like a sheep.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My arms are pretty clean when compared to a gorilla but a cat hair has given me a good scare a few times.

I banged my 42SS into a door casing hard enough where everyone looked up and I was pretty sure my watch would have been damaged. After sitting a looking carefully . . . . . Still perfect without a single scratch. :cool:

12. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

While I don't have "gorilla hair" on my arms I had one or two occasions where I thought: "S*it, the screen is cracked!!".

LOL