Imagination or does W7 have way more desktop/window options?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Wie Gehts, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Wie Gehts macrumors 6502

just wondering. i've been a longtime mac user until a couple months ago i bought an inexpensive pc windows 7 laptop as a sorta beater upper.

i notice that w7 seems to do a hundred and one things in terms of window behavior...like shake or dragging two windows to the sides so you can get them both opened perfectly side by side or invisibility then theres clicking on an application icon and view saved documents and such...

the bad side of this windows, for me at least, is that every single niggling g@dd@mn thing has about a million preferences that can be set for it.

do you like all these extra viewing options w7 has? or does OSX have the same and i'm not hip to any of it. admittedly i know jack squat about mac os features despite my long time usage

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have no use for any of the things you just mentioned

I am very happy with how my Mac works

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Wie Gehts thread starter macrumors 6502

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

OS X has exposé, but it's a sad excuse for what MS put together for Windows 7. If you can learn to set Windows how you want it and leave the settings be, I think you'll find that it might even be better than OS X.

I certainly did!

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I guess my problem is that I don't want to customize/tweak my UI or "pimp out" a DIY PC anymore. I just want something that works.

I end up not using Aero Shake and Aero Snap (though I do use Aero Peek a lot), mainly because I switch back and forth between 7, Vista and XP.

B