Imagine the problems with IPhone 8...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0230, Nov 18, 2016.

1. pr0230 Suspended

SO I have a 5S... Very happy with the phone does what I need it to do. Phone, GPS when traveling, FaceTime, messaging... Not much for camera, Im not a camera guy. BUT I would like a new phone the 7+...
    But the issues and problems that seem to keep on coming have me stopped in my boots for buying a new phone... Then the though of getting the NEXT phone... I can't imagine the problems with OLED, the new screen, NO home button... A new non metal case... Sounds like a night mare ...

So my plan is to wait till next march. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out... OR do the bugs ever get worked out?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You seem to worry to much, which puts you in your own nightmare. Rumors mean nothing until Apple confirms. And nothing is perfect from a hardware sense or iOS. I'm looking forward to the iPhone 8. But that's me.

3. decypher44 macrumors newbie

decypher44

I feel the same. That's why I decided to get the 7+ now. I'll have it for 2 years, then upgrade to the 8+.

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

99% of the phone coming out from Apple work just perfectly 99% of the time. You should not confuse posts on this blog to be indicative of real life performance. For most people, most of the time; they just work.

Don't worry. Be happy. Buy a new phone.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My 7+ has worked fine and I am glad I bought it. I will welcome the 8+ when it arrives and trust it will be just fine, too!

You can spend you life worrying about what may happen, I prefer move a ahead and enjoy!

6. macTW Suspended

I have to correct your thread title:

Imagine the problems people miraculously manage to find on the iPhone 8 [B/]

7. jdblas69 macrumors regular

Like others have said a lot of the comments and complainants tend be blown out of proportion. Some people look for problems and expect the phone to be perfect. With the number produced of course there are going to be bad ones. I know because I had to get a 7+ replacement because of severe battery drain while phone was in standby and even powered off, like the battery was getting shorted out or something. I didn't sweat it as Apple looked after the situation just simply gave me a new phone and the replacement has been great.

8. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Best time to buy a new iPhone is about 6 months after release, just as the rumors about the next one are hot and heavy.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Sounds like an interesting study you're citing there. Could I have a link to it?

9. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

www.hyperbole.com ;)

10. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

It's called the internet. If there were lots of problems it would be headlining every single tech site instead of a message board.

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Do you have any data that says otherwise?

If the quality of the phones was nearly as bad as the complainers on here suggested, Apple would be bleeding money every year. Last time I checked, they're still making a healthy profit.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    There are virtually no bugs. The vast majority of the iPhones shipped have no problems.

12. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

There's also the hive mind effect to consider.

13. pr0230 thread starter Suspended

Thats the plan, but march...

14. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

you only hear the bad things on forums like these. which sounds for a very small percentage of the actual phones out there. theres a lot of people who get phones that are perfectly fine and don't even participate in any kind of online forum at all.

15. DUIduckSAUCE, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

These forums are going to be glorious when the 8 drops. Trolls complaining about non issues and fanboys defending apple no matter what
    --- Post Merged, Nov 20, 2016 ---
    it is actually around 90% if I am remembering correctly.

16. HEK Suspended

HEK

Need to also add this to title.....If you are among the 0.003% having issues with iPhones this blog is where you imagine......

17. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I have the regular 7 and have had it since launch and had none of the problems at all. No hissing, no LTE issues, etc.

18. HEK Suspended

HEK

You shouldn't be on this blog. :D

19. marf1million macrumors regular

I think the problem is you read these forums. Judging by the posters on this forum you'd have to assume that half of all iPhones have something wrong with them.