Imagine this

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric/, Mar 20, 2013.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

If you found a giant safe in your recently purchased house.

And it has $30,000 worth of Magic the Gathering cards in it.

:eek:

Link

Just amazing.

[​IMG]

2. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

I would not pay $30,000 for Magic cards. That's just me... crazy though.
    1000th post :)

3. elistan macrumors 6502a

I have a (near?) mint beta Black Lotus in a safe deposit box, so this really caught my eye. :) Alas (fortunately?) the reddit thread indicates it's a fake story.

4. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Yeah, found that out. Sad. :(

5. samiwas Suspended

Yeah, I wasn't sure I believed it from the beginning. Someone had a house for almost three years and didn't notice a 5' x 4.5' safe??? Unless you have a massive house with multiple wings that you never go into, I can't see not knowing every square inch of your house after three years.

6. elistan macrumors 6502a

To be fair, there is (was?) a show on HGTV called "If Walls Could Talk" where such discoveries did happen. I don't know about 5ft x 4.5ft safes, but there are instances of people finding old, hidden stuff in houses they've purchased.

7. snberk103 macrumors 603

The BBC recently did a piece on an entire wall that was hidden. The owners had been in the house about 3 years, and knew there was something fishy because they had found two 'pilasters' (moulded fake columns) that hid something. And someone on the village had mentioned there was a disappearing wall. Eventually they found it... an entire solid wall (at least 5 metres wide) complete with door could be slid down into a cavity in the floor. Pop some floor boards on top, and place the two pilasters to hide the slides in the wall and two rooms became one.

Now, they are looking for the hidden access to the basement. They're pretty sure there is a basement, but haven't found a way in yet.

----------

Congratulations. On either thought :) ...