Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRMN8R

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Kingston, ON
I am setting up a MBP loaner program for the company I work for, and I need to find a way to image a Macbook Pro with limited work (when it is returned). CCC has been recommended, but it requires me to load the OSX first, which is not what I am looking for. I would like to create an image, load it onto a USB or disc, and install the OS and software automatically. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!

avtechie247

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
What we do at work is we do a full updated install of OSX with iLife and in Disk Utility we make an image from it.
when we get the loaner MBP back we boot into target disk mode and do a restore image to the computer of the original install.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am setting up a MBP loaner program for the company I work for, and I need to find a way to image a Macbook Pro with limited work (when it is returned). CCC has been recommended, but it requires me to load the OSX first, which is not what I am looking for. I would like to create an image, load it onto a USB or disc, and install the OS and software automatically. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!

If you use CCC to backup to a bundle, you can restore without reinstalling the OS. See this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.