Imaging program for Mac Yosemite -

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by impact4, Aug 16, 2015.

1. impact4 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I used to be a PC user for a LONG time.
    I have switched to Mac a little while ago.

I used MS PHOTODRAW (discontinued) as I would import and retouch paintings in turn that I would turn into a graphic novel.
    Now, of course, I cannot use it (unless I would use WINE but, not interested - too complicated). Photoshop is too complicated - it doesn't have the features that I need, or maybe it's not enough simplified for me.

My QUESTION IS, can you people brainstorm this for me - I have have been looking on the net for 3 days - I need a VIABLE option for Photodraw. I need something not too complicated (but, please...NO paintbrush) but that will have features where I can tell it the size of my canvas, edit, etc...

I would be VERY grateful for any insight and all suggestions will be followed up - thank you very much.

P!erre!

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Not sure if you looked at it yet, but a program Pixelmator might be what you are looking for: http://www.pixelmator.com

3. impact4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Taz Mangus,

First things first - thank you VERY much for replying.
    ...and...if anyone else has comments, suggestions - PLEASE join in!
    I will be looking into that program you are suggesting.
    I need to evaluate the potential X the time it might take me to learn how to use.
    I need to know if there are help tutorials and how accessible they are in terms of user-friendly-learning.
    I don't need to become a pro at using a program - I need a program that will help me continue working.

Thanks again,

P!erre!

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelmatorVideos

Pixelmator has come great tutorials. If you search their YT channel for what you want to do, chances are they have a walk thru for it.

5. impact4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks VERY much Weaselboy!
    Am currently trying to download a demo.
    Mac Yosemite is updating - wouldn't take the demo...hope this works afterwards (sometimes Mac won't open programs if they are not from Applestore).
    Here's a page of some of my work. Most of it is painted but some parts - some effects done with MS Photodraw. Michelle Forbes page 1.jpg