iMagneto app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

2. Nick G macrumors member

Just tried this and after downloading the VLC plugin and fixing the VLC path (I hope) it's not playing any radio streams I've tried (mp3). I was hoping this could play a wide range of audio codecs but I'm not getting any joy as yet.

3. Nick G macrumors member

Actually if anyone is thinking of installing iMagneto then my advice is don't bother. Ever since installing and subsequently trashing it I have had a problem where my iMac is waking from sleep/restarting after shutdown. A check in the Console log shows these recurring messages:

14/11/2009 19:32:57 imagneto_user_agent[108] <MAGUserDaemon> initialization.
    14/11/2009 19:32:57 imagneto_user_agent[108] succeeds to connect with imagneto_d.
    14/11/2009 19:32:57 imagneto_user_agent[108] succeeds to communicate with imagneto_d.
    14/11/2009 19:32:57 imagneto_user_agent[108] <MAGUserDaemon> initialization finished.

Seems to be connected with the wake up/restart problem and I've no idea how to solve it.

4. Nick G macrumors member

I'd better update on this here:

The problems I was having had nothing todo with the iMagneto installation; it was caused by a Snow Leopard bug. Seems that deleting the System Configuration folder in Macintosh/Library and shutting down clears it up.

Sorry if this put anyone off downloading iMagneto.

5. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

The developers haven't updated and this app no longer works.

6. t4cgirl macrumors member

Got me excited thinking it was an iPhone version of Cap'n Magneto.

Aw.

7. agmo macrumors newbie

Thanks Nick G, I took your advice and deleted the system configuration folder and now my macbook sleeps again. Then again, my problems with my computer refusing to sleep only happened after installing iMagneto.
    I'm no computer expert, but I'm sure the sleep problems were caused by iMagneto. I've nothing but respect for people who put software out for free, but iMagneto only gave me problems & didn't do what it was supposed to do - not once could it connect to a stream.

At least if you want to risk using it, Nick G has supplied a working fix if things go wrong.