iMail keeps resetting my password

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EarthNeutron, Jul 22, 2012.

1. EarthNeutron, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012

EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

I resets my password at least twice a day and when I enter every ****ing single password for my 8 mail accounts, it asks again for my passwords!!! I have to enter them at least 5-6 times for iMail to remember them, only to asked for them again in 5h.

Any idea how to fix this piece of **** Apple software?

2. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's nothing wrong with the software, which is Mail, not iMail. Remove your email accounts and add them again.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I had this problem previously, where my password was prompted every time I manually fetched or restarted the Mail application. Completely deleting the accounts and then re-adding fixed it for me. Try that.

5. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Tried deleting all of them. Now, when I add a new one, it asks for my password
    over and over again, like it was incorrect or something.

This is either Apple or Yahoo's fault

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not Apple's or Yahoo's fault. Rather than try to blame someone, you'll get better results if you take a deep breath, calm down and logically address the problem.

Make sure your caps lock key isn't on. Type your password in TextEdit, so you can see what you're typing, then copy and paste from TextEdit into the Mail.app. Also, try changing your password from the Yahoo web interface, then try the new password.

7. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

The same password works perfectly on yahoo mail, but it doesn't work at all in iMail. I'm not an idiot, ofc I've checked the caps and tried adding it slowly. But for some reason NONE of my 8 different passwords work in iMail.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No one is calling you an idiot or any other name. You came here asking for help. We're trying to help. If you've decided you don't want help, that's fine. Good luck.

9. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

UPDATE: It seems that adding my accounts from the System Preferances-Mail panel worked. Opened iMail and my accounts were still there and it didn't ask me to reenter my passwords.

So I guess that iMail was the problem after all...

Thanks to anyone who posted here, and sorry for my attitude, I was just angry that my 2000$ machine (which is 1200$ in the US) has those kinds of problems.

Cheers!

----------

it worked after all! read my last post