iMAME and iExplorer.. can someone explain what to do now?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by itsjustmeee, Dec 22, 2011.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm trying to figure out just how to sideload a rom into this new iMAME app that appeared last night in the app store but I'm having no luck so I'm guessing that this forum might be a good place to get an answer. I've gotten to the point where I've opened my ipad with iExplorer, went to the iMAME app and dragged a couple of Super Mario roms in zip formant into the documents folder within the app. When I start up iMAME, I don't see it there. Can someone be kind enough to walk me through what I am doing wrong?
  2. rafsterT macrumors newbie

May 24, 2011
  3. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2008
    Yeah, I found that link as well. If you look below at the comments, it's not quite as easy as just dragging the zip files over. They have to be a certain format. I did to go the site they recommended and tried 4 of the Super Mario Bros games. None of them worked. It just seemed at that point to be more trouble than it's worth.
  4. shandyman Suspended

Apr 24, 2010
    Dublin, Ireland
    are your super mario ROMS for the SNES games? as they're SNES roms, not MAME ROMs. it's like trying to put an Xbox 360 disc into a ps one and expecting it to work..... totally the wrong format.

only MAME games work on iMAME, you want SNES games, you need a SNES emulator, of which there is none in the app store
  5. djbrotherson macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2009