Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I'm trying to figure out just how to sideload a rom into this new iMAME app that appeared last night in the app store but I'm having no luck so I'm guessing that this forum might be a good place to get an answer. I've gotten to the point where I've opened my ipad with iExplorer, went to the iMAME app and dragged a couple of Super Mario roms in zip formant into the documents folder within the app. When I start up iMAME, I don't see it there. Can someone be kind enough to walk me through what I am doing wrong?

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah, I found that link as well. If you look below at the comments, it's not quite as easy as just dragging the zip files over. They have to be a certain format. I did to go the site they recommended and tried 4 of the Super Mario Bros games. None of them worked. It just seemed at that point to be more trouble than it's worth.

are your super mario ROMS for the SNES games? as they're SNES roms, not MAME ROMs. it's like trying to put an Xbox 360 disc into a ps one and expecting it to work..... totally the wrong format.

only MAME games work on iMAME, you want SNES games, you need a SNES emulator, of which there is none in the app store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.