IMAP Gmail on Mail.app

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AHDuke99, Nov 16, 2007.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

This has gone on long enough. After about two weeks of flawless execution, my gmail account through imap is crashing mail.app every time i connect it. it loads the messages and then mail crashes without warning. i can no longer use it. is this just a problem for me? i'll install 10.5.1 to see if that does anything, but right now i can only access gmail imap through my iphone.

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I switched to IMAP about a week ago and it's worked flawlessly. Guess I'll see in another week...

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I've worked on an email application in the past, and have come across unusual crashes, but it's really impossible for us to say what's causing this. You may have a badly formed message that's causing some funky behaviour in Mail, or perhaps there's too many messages in your inbox.

Try installing Thunderbird temporarily and see if you can view your messages. Try moving messages about among different folders while relaunching Mail to find if there's any one in particular causing a problem.

I have to say though, I've used webmail programs, Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Eudora, Evolution and Mail, and Mail is the only one that has never crashed on me.

4. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

i'm downloading 10.5.1 right now to see if that does anything. it worked flawlesly, as i said, for the past two weeks. i have about 6,500 emails in my inbox .. that could be it, but i dont want to delete all of them.

5. diosporff macrumors newbie

I had this same problem with an AOL account. It worked great for a week or so through mail.app and now as soon as it checks for mail it crashes! I've tried to delete the account in mail.app and set up the aol account again, but the same thing happens.