IMAP Inbox folder nesting not possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liberty4all, Jul 30, 2007.

1. liberty4all Guest

liberty4all

I noticed I cannot get IMAP Inbox folder nesting to work on my iPhone, is this not possible? Anyone had any success?

i.e., it would look like this:

Inbox
    .....Test mailbox
    Drafts
    Sent
    Trash

the ..... signifies an indent

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

There are a couple post from around iDay, I tried what they mentioned but by nested mailboxes still arent working.

Hopfully someone canshed some light on this for us.

3. liberty4all thread starter Guest

liberty4all

Well, I can add mailboxes outside of the Inbox, but not nested, which would be preferable...

4. jjprusk macrumors member

I have a fairly large folder tree (probably 30 folders or more), but they don't root from Inbox. I have 12 root folders (ie, at the same level as Inbox) with the rest all nested under the sozen root folders. I have no problem accessing any of the folders in the tree. However, I can't vouch for folders nested under Inbox itself...

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

My Folder structrure looks like this:

Inbox
    Saved
    Purchases
    Misc
    XXXXX
    XXXXX
    XXXXX
    Sent
    Junk
    Trash

But all i get on the iphone is
    Inbox
    Sent
    Junk
    Trash

Any ideas? I can see ALL the folder in Mail on my iMac and in my email providers webmail.

6. jjprusk macrumors member

Do you use an alternate root setup? Does the account allow you to have save/delete/drafts folders on the server? I have setup IMAP accounts for accessing two servers (CommunigatePro & Kerio) and my folder tree works with both of them. Have you tried removing and installing the account again?

7. liberty4all thread starter Guest

liberty4all

I do not use an alternative root setup. Yes, I can save/delete/drafts on the server. Haven't tried removing and reinstalling the account, because I should not have to, as other folders (non-Inbox nested) can be added/removed, and they appear/disappear automatically...

Are you saying that you get nested folders within your Inbox folder on iPhone?

8. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

My mail accounts sync from my Mac so I havent had to do a manual setup.

I tried putting "INBOX: in for the alternate root and that doesnt work either.

and yes I can save Sent and such on the server all my local folders are in sync with the server. I just cant see anything other that Inbox, Sent, Junk and Trash on my iPhone.

9. torid110 macrumors regular

I believe this is fixed in the 1.0.1 update. I just checked one of my IMAP accounts and i have many more folders listed that i did not have before. Both nested and ones at the same level as INBOX.

10. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

1.01 did fix it!

That was a nice little surprise!