IMAP-like solution for RSS-feeds?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chansey, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Chansey macrumors member

Hi!

I use two computers and i find it annoying having to read my subscripted rss-feeds twice. I use IMAP for my mail so I dont have to read it twice. Is there a similar solution for RSS? I want to use Mail.app with the RSS (just as I do with my mail).

Thanks

2. cyberobin macrumors newbie

Use the free NetNewsWire. It's MUCH better than the mail rss reader and you can sync both computers online with their system. It's not quite like imap but it works fairly well. Alternatively, making all feeds "read" is a simple "select all" "command-k" kestroke away so you don't have to waste time reading things you've read already.

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

I use google reader because I can't always install applications just to read RSS feeds. It also has a decent phone interface, so wherever I am the reading I have done is synced.

4. operator207 macrumors 6502

+1 to this. In fact that is how I got to this thread. I have macrumors RSS feed in my "frequently read" section. Ya I am late to this thread, but it was the 4th of July weekend.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

+2. I love being able to logon to Google reader from any computer and be able to quickly check my newsfeeds.

6. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I can recommend not to use brief. It is very poor. :mad: