Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkrutch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Converted one of my godaddy emails to IMAP. After the conversion, I reloaded all of the emails from my Mail 4.2 client back into the inbox from the backup of the mailbox that was saved to my desktop. Everything uploaded to the servers and looks fine on my Mac mail client. On my iPad however, the emails are only displayed based on the time of the email, but not the date.

Edit: I noticed that ONLY the time is being displayed and not the date at all.

I'm seeing emails from a year ago at the top if it's 11pm and original email was sent at 11pm. Does anyone have a clue as to the cause of this? I have complete backups of everything and I could restore back to POP if necessary and redo this whole thing if anyone knows what the issue might be. Thanks in advance.

abjr

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
This is just one of the many IMAP deficiencies on the ipad/iphone. I've seen this issue on my iphone as well.

I use Postini for my spam filtering. Postini will quarantine an email if it thinks it is spam and you can log in to a control panel and have it delivered. If an email is quarantined, but you don't log in to the control panel until 2 or 3 days later and tell Postini to deliver it, when you do, it shows up at the top of the list.

I'm not sure what headers the mail app is looking at, but for example, Thunderbird places/dates the email as when it was accepted by Postini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.