Imap / Pop problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RoVic, Jan 7, 2012.

1. RoVic macrumors newbie

hiya all,

My son and i both have the iphone 4s, which are both on the same IOS 5.0.1, same network (O2) could say almost identical phones!!

My problem is when i put my data in for my mail i only get the imap to use as the incoming host i don't get the choice between imap and pop. ( I'd like to use pop)
    my son on the other hand has the choice of which to use. could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong!!!

2. RoVic thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone !!!!!

3. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Hi - I've seen this before ages ago. From what I recall, when I typed in my email address, the iPhone went away and verified the address then automatically popped up IMAP. This seemed to be because the domain part of my email address (the "@blahblah.com" bit) was recognised.

I found that if I tried again and changed the domain to garbage (i.e. "@qweerrtyuiop.com") the verification would fail. When verification failed, I was then given additional settings to configure my email account - and one of them was POP.

Give that a go ;)

RTP.

4. RoVic thread starter macrumors newbie

Hiya RTP,
    thanks for the info i gave your idea a go and solved the problem straight away ..... thanks alot.