Imap

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jb56, Feb 18, 2011.

1. jb56 macrumors member

I converted my POP account on my laptop to an IMAP account. I then went on my iPhone and setup an IMAP account. After doing this mail appeared in the inbox but none of my mailbox folders in "on my mac" show up on my iPhone.

It's obvious that this is happening because the mailboxes are still stored locally on my laptop but I can't figure out how to copy them over to the server so they appear in IMAP.

Suggestions anyone?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

The folders that you create on the Mac are not gonna show up in your IMAP account. If you want more IMAP folders, you have to create those on the server.

3. jb56 thread starter macrumors member

James, I have lots of emails in my folders. I can understand creating new folders on the server but my question is how to copy the emails from my existing folders over to IMAP?

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sorry, I misunderstood. To move email between any folder, select the folder, select the email, right click on the email, select Move To, and choose any of your folders.