IMDB on iPad MIND BLOWING

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djrobsd, Apr 3, 2010.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

WOW, I just installed IMDB on my iPad, and I am just blown away. The interface is AMAZING, it makes using IMDB so much better then their web site could ever do. The photos are BEAUTIFUL, high res, formatted perfectly for iPad, and the movie trailers are excellent.

This, by far, is the first app I've seen on the iPad that has actually made me appreciate the fact that I plopped my $500 bucks down today...

Looking forward to more optimized for iPad apps! And hopefully fricking Apple will allow multi-tasking in 4.0 cuz having to close apps just ain't working so swell for me!

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Cool.

It is funny that I mentioned IMBD specifically as a site I thought could do more with an app than just a web page. I use IMBD quite a bit, and this is one of the things I would find very useful when the device is in coffee table mode.

3. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

I wonder how many people bought an iPad with IMDb in mind...

4. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Probably not many. I don't recall any marketing for this, or do I just not watch enough TV?

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

It wasn't THE reason, but I definitely had it in mind.

6. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

soooo....with your mind being "BLOWN" by IMDB, and you aren't too happy without multitasking, is it safe to say that all in all, it's a WASH??

7. jodorowsky00 macrumors regular

At least we are happy not to being poor and jealous.

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I can appreciate that the IMDB app might be considered mind blowing in its presentation, but the IMDB, in and of itself, is in no way, shape or form mindblowing. It is a database. Databases are inherently non-mindblowing.

9. CactusHawk macrumors regular

Doesn't work for me?

Looks great but i can't get the previews to work. They load but never play. I have deleted and reloaded but nothing.:confused:

10. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

It's sort of mind blowing ;).

11. normandy7 macrumors member

Can you access the imdb message boards using the iPad app?

12. Trecorum macrumors newbie

I am also interested to know this. I often like to read the opinions of other movie goers when using IMDB.

13. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Like user reviews? Then yes.

14. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

There wasn't any marketing for it, but I've seen a lot of people saying it would be nice as a "coffee table computer", and a few even specifically mentioned imdb.

15. poe8 macrumors member

I just like looking at hot celebrities in full screen iPad glory. Great app.

16. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

The strength of the imdb app is not flashy user interface but rather amazing content and a simple and clean user interface.

17. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

LOL! and who would be poor and jealous? certainly not this old boy...

18. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I always tend to check IMDB after watching a movie i like :)

19. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Is anyone else in landscape mode in this app seeing the buttons on the bottom jumping side to side?

20. Maaz macrumors 6502a

21. bossxii macrumors 68000

I'd have to say it is one of the better written iPad apps so far. They actually took the time to make it useful and informative vs just blowing up the resolution from the iPhone app. It wasn't my choice for movie info on the iPhone, but so far it will be on the iPad. Very nice indeed.

22. One Love 1867 macrumors regular

And the usefulness. Not sure if this applies to anyone else, but quite literally every time I sit and watch a movie with friends, SOMEBODY will always say something like "Ah I recognise him, but what from?" or anything along those lines.. at which point we'll all reach for our phones.

As an App, IMDB is perfectly suited to that sort of instant accessibility with the iPad as a "coffee table" computer.