- Apr 12, 2001
With the Oscars just under a week away, Amazon-owned IMDb has updated its iOS app with an Oscar section that will, during the broadcast, feature photos from the red carpet and a live text feed of the winners in addition to a complete list of the Oscar nominees.
In addition, movies and TV shows that are available on Amazon Prime now have links on their IMDb pages in the app that will kick you into the Amazon Instant Video app to watch them, but a $79 annual subscription to Amazon Prime is required to view the actual content. The update also includes a few other minor enhancements.
The universal IMDb app is available in the App Store for free. [Direct Link]What's New in Version 3.1
- Award information for celebrities and titles (iPad/iPhone)
- Titles available on Amazon Prime feature a link to watch if the Amazon Instant Video app is also installed (iPhone/iPad)
- Special Oscars® section: list of nominees and photos from the red carpet and ceremony and live winners on iPhone and iPad during the ceremony
- Recommendations: tap on the "i" in the corner of the poster to see why it's recommended for you, rate the title if you've seen it, or indicate "not interested" (iPad)
- Improved accessibility for TV episode navigation (iPad)
- Updates to side navigation (iPad)
- Bug fixes include episode picker in VoiceOver (iPad)
Article Link: IMDb Updates App with Oscar Section and Amazon Instant Video Links