IMEI not shown in AW4 settings???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mixedup, Sep 25, 2018.

1. mixedup macrumors member

The IMEI for my S4 watch isn’t shown on the watch (blank) or in the app in my phone (“unknown”).

This is my first LTE watch so wondering if that’s normal?

2. blindside217 macrumors regular

It is normal for it to be blank until you activate service. The carrier can use the ICCID number for activation if they need something.

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Just a note: there is not an ICCID until activation is complete. The activation process is where the the e-SIM is configured and the information is downloaded to your watch, this is when you will be able to find an ICCID.

Yes a common error is to confuse the ICCID for IMEI, hey I do it at least once a week. The ICCID is what in previous devices would have been called a nano-SIM, micro-SIM or SIM with the ICCID number printed on the SIM card.

Dave

4. mixedup thread starter macrumors member

ICCID shows as “no SIM”. Thankfully the IMEI is on the box so presumably they can use that (although they ask for both)

5. brian3x macrumors newbie

brian3x

I saw this a few times in the first couple days. Since it doesn’t appear to have happened again, Apple suggested it’s a logic board issue? Thoughts?

I’d hate to return this if it’s a non-issue. I had originally suspected it was related to my additional battery drain, which has since seemed to have come back to close to what I had on S3 LTE.

RETURNING would leave me without a watch while on vacation and not convinced it’s actually an issue at all.

6. brian3x macrumors newbie

brian3x

So in an effort to see if this is hardware related or not, I installed 5.1 Beta 2.

One thing I noticed is the Watch App after the watch rebooted doesn’t show the IMEI but once I connect to the cell network it populated on the watch.....BUT does not on the Watch App on the iPhone. A subsequent reboot of the iPhone and relaunch of the app now shows it. (Just force quitting still shows UnKnown for IMEI)

I believe this is simply a bug in the App or Watchos5...

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I've noticed the same. I tried to connect my Series 3 to LTE a few days ago via AT&T but cannot because there is no ICCID number. AT&T don't know what to do and Apple doesn't know what to do either. It's kinda sad. I might have to go to the Apple Store for a replacement.