Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abdulkarim

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2011
They asking $55 for UK 02
I think i give it a go

So you have a locked O2 iPhone 5? Why not unlock it for free from the O2 site, they're unlocking iPhone 5's now. I did mine last week and got confirmation within 1 hour that it'd been done... :)

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
T-Mobile wanted proof of purchase and when I said I bought it off eBay they said I would have to get it unlocked at a market. When I explained that was not possible (this was before grey market unlocks were available) eventually they agreed and unlocked it for me - it cost £20 which wasn't bad.

I've tried that with three. Didn't work. They wanted the original owner to do it. But I can't. Any way around it?

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Canada Fido is still super expensive. We've been trying, but don't see it for less than $140. Has anyone seen it cheaper than that?

Yes. Let me know if you're still looking.

----------

I am searching a trustworthy service to unlock my iPhone 4S from T-Mobile Germany.

found http://www.unlocksmyi.com/products.html
and http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/

but both seems to be scams, does anybody has a tipp for me? would be AMAZING! thank you!

I can help..
The tip is this and it goes for anyone looking for a factory unlock for any network.
Ask for recent imeis that they have unlocked. When they provide them, you can check the imei(using a GSX account) and see when the last restore was. That will correlate with their turnaround time and if their service is actually working.
If they won't provide imeis due to "customer privacy" that usually means they haven't unlocked anything besides their car door and you shouldn't buy from them. Yes, customer's imeis are very important and shouldn't be given out to just anyone, but this can be crucial to getting a unlock for $XXX amount or giving away $XXX to pay the scammer's next fix.
I know a lot of direct suppliers and resellers in this business. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or provide the website that you are interested in and I will do the rest for you.

----------

I used them recently after reading this review - at&t phone unlocked in about 10 hours for 1.99 - happy to recommend them :)

It can be offered for cheaper ;)

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Wow, bend over:D
He sells AT&T iphone imei unlocks for $35 too:D

lol..I'd love to be a "apple hacker/dev" with so many followers on Twitter and realize I can sell factory unlocks 125% more to naive people who don't know they can get it for A LOT cheaper!..(especially HackiPhone) this guy claims he is direct/offers the cheapest prices (blah, blah, blah) and offers outrageous pricing to his followers..and they pay!

Anyway, my point is, anyone looking for a factory unlock for any network worldwide, contact me. Or, if you're considering purchasing from a website/a "hacker/dev" on twitter, I can find you a better price or prove the website's legitimacy.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Well I've contacted ChronicUnlocks and he seems legit and he also told me that the T-Mobile iPhone 5 unlock si very popular on his website . Hopefully he isn't a scam .

abdulkarim

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2011
Well I've contacted ChronicUnlocks and he seems legit and he also told me that the T-Mobile iPhone 5 unlock si very popular on his website . Hopefully he isn't a scam .

You're be fine with ChronicUnlocks, he's the guy from the Chronic Development Team that brought out the Greenpois0n 5.1.1 jailbreak.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa

Or you could find it cheaper from another reputable source. Seriously, those guys rape everyone on the price.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Any recommendations to have my T-Mobile iPhone 5 sim unlocked....? :) thanks!

$130 for an unlock is crazy!!!

Just wait until more suppliers show up, it will be similar to AT&T's price in no time. Or, tell me what you're looking to pay and I'll see what I can do ;)

AppleBanana

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
Hi! I just received an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1 and Modem Firmware 3.0.04
I received this old phone from relatives who visited us from Canada. Since I'm from the Philippines, the only way to unlock the phone without contacting Telus is the IMEI Unlock. (The carrier shown in Settings-General-About is the carrier it is unlocked to, right?) I stumbled upon a site that offered an unlock for around 60 pounds, but after looking for feedback for the website, I decided it's not a reliable one. I'm willing to pay through credit card to unlock my phone so I'll be able to use it here in my country, but the only problem is that I don't know which sites can give me a legit and proper IMEI unlock. So I decided the best way to know how to unlock my phone would be to go here so can you guys give me some tips? Thanks in advance!

aj.ilover04

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2011
Hi! I just received an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1 and Modem Firmware 3.0.04
I received this old phone from relatives who visited us from Canada. Since I'm from the Philippines, the only way to unlock the phone without contacting Telus is the IMEI Unlock. (The carrier shown in Settings-General-About is the carrier it is unlocked to, right?) I stumbled upon a site that offered an unlock for around 60 pounds, but after looking for feedback for the website, I decided it's not a reliable one. I'm willing to pay through credit card to unlock my phone so I'll be able to use it here in my country, but the only problem is that I don't know which sites can give me a legit and proper IMEI unlock. So I decided the best way to know how to unlock my phone would be to go here so can you guys give me some tips? Thanks in advance!

Check your PM if possible otherwise visit thesmarthacks.com . No unhappy customer till now.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
The website says you only unlock AT&T phones - what use is that to him?
AT&T unlocks can be obtained cheaper from suppliers many people on this forum have used and recommend.

Well, first off, a factory unlock isn't a hack. Scam website. Next.

aj.ilover04

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2011
The website says you only unlock AT&T phones - what use is that to him?
AT&T unlocks can be obtained cheaper from suppliers many people on this forum have used and recommend.

If you read carefully, there is written that for additional carriers contact at the given email address.

----------

Well, first off, a factory unlock isn't a hack. Scam website. Next.

Well...obviously you know nothing. Its ok kid. There is still time for you to learn :cool:.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
If you read carefully, there is written that for additional carriers contact at the given email address.

----------

Well...obviously you know nothing. Its ok kid. There is still time for you to learn :cool:.

If it was a hack, wouldn't it be in Cydia? lol

ellardchua

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010

Valmar12

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2013
You can only unlock phones from T-Mobile Germany after the contract. Which is normally 2 years.

There is an alternative if you have a 16GB 4S, there is a method to unlock all 16GB 4S worldwide

Hello,

I am also looking for an unlock for an iPhone 4S 16GB: Mostly all sites with IMEI unlock write that it is only possible after 2 years when the contract is over.
Recently I found http://www.gsmliberty.net/ and they claim that they are able to unlock it even though the contract ends in 2014.

Is this scam or does this refer to this unlock method you are mentioning?

Kind regards

Initial Activation Policy ID: 55
MEID:
Activation Policy Description: EMEA Service.
Applied Activation Policy ID: 278
Part Description: IPHONE 4S 16GB BLACK
Applied Activation Policy Description: Germany TMobile Debitel.
Product Version: 6.1
Next Tether Policy ID: 278
Last Restore Date:
Next Tether Activation Policy Description: Germany TMobile Debitel.
First Unbrick Date: 04/18/13
Last Unbrick Date: 04/18/13
Unbricked: true
Unlocked: false
Unlock Date:

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Hello,

I am also looking for an unlock for an iPhone 4S 16GB: Mostly all sites with IMEI unlock write that it is only possible after 2 years when the contract is over.
Recently I found http://www.gsmliberty.net/ and they claim that they are able to unlock it even though the contract ends in 2014.

Is this scam or does this refer to this unlock method you are mentioning?

Kind regards

Initial Activation Policy ID: 55
MEID:
Activation Policy Description: EMEA Service.
Applied Activation Policy ID: 278
Part Description: IPHONE 4S 16GB BLACK
Applied Activation Policy Description: Germany TMobile Debitel.
Product Version: 6.1
Next Tether Policy ID: 278
Last Restore Date:
Next Tether Activation Policy Description: Germany TMobile Debitel.
First Unbrick Date: 04/18/13
Last Unbrick Date: 04/18/13
Unbricked: true
Unlocked: false
Unlock Date:

Based on who I have asked in this business, this is not available. Don't waste your money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.