Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

esf

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
prices are crazy actually, just saw someone unocking for over 100usd lol

Comment

anhakeem

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
Cutyoursim cancel and refund

CYS Mobile Solutions has cancelled your order. You have been refunded in full.
Reason: Undeliverable
Comments from CYS Mobile Solutions: "The AT&T IMEI unlock service is currently down."

even cut your sim couldn't unlock:confused:

Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Here's why nobody should ever deal with Unlockfusion or Swiftunlocks again.... note the comment he put in response to the refund. Lovely. Can't even differentiate between your and you're

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 8.22.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 8.22.29 AM.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 547
Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
mmm even if it is only the last few digits, still not wise to post a partial creditcard number....

Unfortunately thanks to his nonsense, my credit card company cancelled and reissued a new card number, so that number is as good as dead.

Comment

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Looks like its official. No one can get it unlocked with at&t for the 5s.

swift
Good DAY
CURRENT STATUS: WE are cancelling AT&T IPHONE ORDERS. Service is down globally. No one is able to process in bulk at all we guarantee you. For time being its best not to take new orders on your end or stay away for this model till a stable service is coming

Then from ebay:
I am sorry, in 2 day can not unlock you phone, need 7 to 14 days.

Anyone knows the real scoop from inside.?

Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Looks like its official. No one can get it unlocked with at&t for the 5s.

swift
Good DAY
CURRENT STATUS: WE are cancelling AT&T IPHONE ORDERS. Service is down globally. No one is able to process in bulk at all we guarantee you. For time being its best not to take new orders on your end or stay away for this model till a stable service is coming

Then from ebay:
I am sorry, in 2 day can not unlock you phone, need 7 to 14 days.

Anyone knows the real scoop from inside.?

Well the inside, as in ATT, their employees are only able to submit via the same web portal as customers now... so the "connections" many of these people have don't exist anymore.

The only way I am thinking they are getting around it is to associate the IMEI with a paid off account, then unlocking, and then dissociating, but that leaves quite a paper trail that would cost them their job, hence why there's probably very few people willing to do it still. lol

Bottom line, if you want unlocked, buy full price or buy unlocked.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well the inside, as in ATT, their employees are only able to submit via the same web portal as customers now... so the "connections" many of these people have don't exist anymore.

The only way I am thinking they are getting around it is to associate the IMEI with a paid off account, then unlocking, and then dissociating, but that leaves quite a paper trail that would cost them their job, hence why there's probably very few people willing to do it still. lol

Bottom line, if you want unlocked, buy full price or buy unlocked.

Well said.
Buy unlocked and avoid the bs.
Looks like the party is over.

Comment

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Well said.
Buy unlocked and avoid the bs.
Looks like the party is over.

I really hope not. there are a few on ebay that are doing it from the UK? Is that even possible? They are probably using their portal there to put in the US IMEI's?

Comment

rainluver

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
STAY AWAY FROM Irescueunlocks

This was a big misunderstanding. He is now working with me to recover my funds. Already has given some money back and will continue to do so. Again, this guy irescueunlocks is not a scammer. Spoke to him over the phone, really cares about his customers. His supplier told him one thing which lead to the no refund policy. Again, I am not working with any competitor unlocking sites. I am just an individual that purchased a service. That was blindsided by a no refund policy, situation has been handled. He is working with me to help recover my funds. He's trying to figure out what happened. Will keep you updated.

Last edited:
Comment

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Stay away from this seller" Irescueunlocks aka Marcus Hackney

I didn't know paypal does not support when it comes to service. I have lost money once but that was for a product. Its a long story but essentially, the person called me and promised that he has mailed and I should take my case back on paypal. REMEMBER If you take your case back with paypal you cannot reopen it and have essentially lost the money. Since paypal was linked to my bank account, the bank didn't do anything as well stating it was me who authorized paypal to take the money so that is a genuine transaction.

Has anyone gotten their 5s phones unlocked in the past few days? I have paid someone and am hoping for a positive but its just been 24 hours. lets wait and see.

Comment

rainluver

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
I didn't know paypal does not support when it comes to service. I have lost money once but that was for a product. Its a long story but essentially, the person called me and promised that he has mailed and I should take my case back on paypal. REMEMBER If you take your case back with paypal you cannot reopen it and have essentially lost the money. Since paypal was linked to my bank account, the bank didn't do anything as well stating it was me who authorized paypal to take the money so that is a genuine transaction.

Has anyone gotten their 5s phones unlocked in the past few days? I have paid someone and am hoping for a positive but its just been 24 hours. lets wait and see.

Yeah paypal pretty much told her if its not a physical item, they will not step in at all. Like others have said, make sure to pay with a CREDIT CARD. File a chargeback and you will get your money. Paypal will not help you with services, virtual goods, or intangible items. Should she file a police report?

Comment

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Has anyone gotten their 5s unlocked in the past few days yet? The person I've paid has gone quiet. :(

Comment

rainluver

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
UPDATE on irescueunlocks

This was a big misunderstanding. I was the one that purchased $900 worth of unlocks from irescueunlocks. Was told my IMEIs were stolen, thats what his supplier told him. Hence no refunds. First of all, none of my phones are stolen, they are from my att account. Plus got them all double checked and all are clean.
I HAVE AN UPDATE:
He is now working with me to recover my funds. Already has given some money back and will continue to do so. Again, this guy irescueunlocks is not a scammer. Spoke to him over the phone, really cares about his customers. His supplier told him one thing which lead to the no refund policy. Again, I am not working with any competitor unlocking sites. I am just an individual that purchased a service. Whom was blindsided by a no refund policy, situation has been handled. He is working with me to help recover my funds. He's trying to figure out what happened. Will keep you updated. *crossing fingers*
Future wise, if anybody has any issues with a supplier I urge you to call them to help remedy the situation.

Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
This was a big misunderstanding. I was the one that purchased $900 worth of unlocks from irescueunlocks. Was told my IMEIs were stolen, thats what his supplier told him. Hence no refunds. First of all, none of my phones are stolen, they are from my att account. Plus got them all double checked and all are clean.
I HAVE AN UPDATE:
He is now working with me to recover my funds. Already has given some money back and will continue to do so. Again, this guy irescueunlocks is not a scammer. Spoke to him over the phone, really cares about his customers. His supplier told him one thing which lead to the no refund policy. Again, I am not working with any competitor unlocking sites. I am just an individual that purchased a service. Whom was blindsided by a no refund policy, situation has been handled. He is working with me to help recover my funds. He's trying to figure out what happened. Will keep you updated. *crossing fingers*
Future wise, if anybody has any issues with a supplier I urge you to call them to help remedy the situation.

Sorry but that's BS. If you go to an insurance broker, and they sell you an insurance policy, but when you go to make a claim the insurer says they never wrote the policy but took the money from the broker, you have no beef with the insurer, you have a beef with the broker. Your contract is only with the middleman, which is the guy you're dealing with. It's absolutely irrelevant if or if he doesn't get his money back from his supplier, that's his own problem if he doesn't have a reasonable contract with them.

The bottom line is this... it's illegal (in most states) for someone to sell you a service, not deliver, and keep your money.

Don't try to sugar coat it... your vendor is not reputable or as soon as he knew he'd be unable to deliver as promised, he would have cancelled the order and refunded in FULL.

I swear this is like a pyramid scheme... reseller selling to reseller selling to reseller... absurd.

NOBODY SHOULD ATTEMPT TO PAY FOR AN UNLOCK UNLESS WITH A CREDIT CARD. NO DEBIT CARDS, NO BANK ACCOUNTS!

Comment

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I swear this is like a pyramid scheme... reseller selling to reseller selling to reseller... absurd.

This is so true. I feel I'm stuck in another pyramid scheme and I don't think anyone has heard of that seller. daxgsm. he seems legit from the uk.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.