Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I am unable to contact the owner, he seems to be disappeared.

I also checked with AT$T this phone is clean and not blocklisted. also i am not getting any loosed message.

call apple and give it a shot why not. Else hold on to it. There may be a jailbreak, hack or something, I doubt but its better than throwing it away.

Call/Email the craigslist person. If it says it must be unlocked by the person. Email that email address and see if you get a hit back.

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Have you actually read this thread? I suggest you search for that site in this thread as I don't want to repeat what others have said unless I get done for slander!

Are SoftBank a GSM carrier? If so, try Chronic.

Well, it's listed on the first page of this thread. That's why I was confused :S

Yep, they're GSM. Chronic wants $174 for that :S

What about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-R-S...121323672258?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item1c3f7452c2

http://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Ori...?ie=UTF8&qid=1400057165&sr=8-3&keywords=r+sim

Thank you

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
Why would anyone try them? There contact page is a web form - no details of where they are or how to contact them If there is a problem. There 'terms and conditions' page just says "jah fjh hkf hkjfhd"

Try them if you want to lose your money, otherwise steer well clear!

I would always recommend that if one is inquiring about a service and have questions, contact first and then order service. Its piece of mind

moh22or

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2014
did some try http://chronicunlock.com
i want to unlock one iphone 5 att
Originally Posted by moh22or

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
It really depends on many things but Getting it done on your own from your carrier/network is always the cheapest/best option/way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
It really depends on many things but Getting it done on your own from your carrier/network is always the cheapest/best option/way to go.

Yes, but Chronic charges $150 which is about £90 and everyone knows him from the days of the Chronic Dev Team, why would anyone use someone who no one knows and who charges a lot more? :confused:

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
Yes, but Chronic charges $150 which is about £90 and everyone knows him from the days of the Chronic Dev Team, why would anyone use someone who no one knows and who charges a lot more? :confused:

Everyone out there including your self have a fair chance of earning a income in the unlock market given you have the proper sources and knowledge to provide, its a open market with newcomers joining daily,

I kind of look at it like the "Gold Rush" of unlocks lol and its all about supply and demand at the end of the day and that is all time high since past 2years.

PS. You and I know chronic's work in jailbreak scene but trust me, 99% of the world doesn't know who chronic is or what even jailbreaking is....not to mention jailbreaking is no longer "Cool" (aka useful as it use to be -- Unlocking, tethering data, folder closer, sbsettings etc) as those features are now part of iOS and for unlocking there are permeant solutions available.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Maybe you're right, but surely people check prices and feedback? A new site with no feedback isn't one I would trust.

Are you one of the two SAMs I know?

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Who Unlocked your iPhone?

Anyone care to post websites that have recently unlocked their iPhone?

Model
Network
Price
How Long It Took

Newbies: Save us time from reading your spam and don't self advertise. ;)

Last edited:

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Shouldn't you also ask what country and network it was locked too? Otherwise you might be surprised by the wildly varying results....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.