Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
ATT iP 4/4S = $20-$25 and 5/5C/5S = ~ $30 or less. Anything above that = rip off in my opinion
It depends on iPhone history and unlock time frame, you know. Is it in contract, is it blacklisted and etc. Prices you named are more likely for off-contract clean phones. Btw, about what sites are you talking about?

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
It depends on iPhone history and unlock time frame, you know. Is it in contract, is it blacklisted and etc. Prices you named are more likely for off-contract clean phones. Btw, about what sites are you talking about?

yea, your right they are for clean imei's but many in-contract phones also get done by them as I have gotten my two iPhones and 1 samsung phone unlocked while still in contract by 3rd party.

Websites for that pricing:
the one mentioned by the poster above and chronic and hackiphone.

ProDave

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2014
I got rejected. I guess my phone is too new.

Why was my unlock rejected?
This could have happened for a few reasons, including:
• The device is too new and/or in-contract -

My phone was
Purchased: June 24, 2014
Warranty Exp: June 24, 2015

I went with Chronic Unlocks. It takes 1 to 5 days. I guess, I'll have to wait and see. Hopefully they can do it.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014

Why was my unlock rejected?
This could have happened for a few reasons, including:
• The device is too new and/or in-contract -

My phone was

Seems Economy service [Aka Clean IMEI service] = hit or miss.

Premium would be the only one to unlock it then but its a bit expensive.

ProDave

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2014
I don't want to spend $140 for premium unlock. Since iPhone And Android Unlocking are soon to be legal, I'll try again in a few months. Hopefully it will be a lot cheaper.

Seems Economy service [Aka Clean IMEI service] = hit or miss.

Premium would be the only one to unlock it then but its a bit expensive.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
I don't want to spend $140 for premium unlock. Since iPhone And Android Unlocking are soon to be legal, I'll try again in a few months. Hopefully it will be a lot cheaper.

Makes sense, better to just sell it if you planning to upgrade soon :)

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
My phone was
Nothing new.) Had the same problems before with my 7 months old iPhone 5.

Your iPhone 5S is definitely too new for the clean IMEI services. I guess All IMEI 100% unlock service for about $80 is cheapest solution for your iPhone 5S for now. But it takes about 12-15 working days.

Last edited:

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Before anyone else jumps to conclusion about the new law signed today:

- It doesn't change anything in the unlocking world besides changing from apparently "illegal" to "legal"....as if it made any difference because everyone still did what they pleased all this time since Jan 2013

Anyway, I wonder if eBay will change their policies to allow the unlocks back on their site....then I do think that eBay is just doing its own thing and really didn't have anything to do with the legal/illegal end of the detail.

Phiter

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2014
Sooo I'm a newbie/noobie as you could tell hehe.

I just recently bought a AT&T Iphone 5S off of eBay and according to the seller, it has a clean IMEI and ESN. I am a T-Mobile user/customer and I really want this phone to be unlocked. (If I can't get it unlock, I have 14 day return)
I've been to many different unlocking websites and most of them that I've visited were scams and I really don't want to lose my money. I'm basically depending on this forum to find a trust worthy website to unlock this Iphone without getting my money stolen.

Back then around 2012-13 I guess??? I unlocked a Motorola Droid for only 10$ I think? I got the code in less than 5-10 hours. Now the prices for these unlocks are like $30-145! And you even have to wait for like almost a week! I know that it's "illegal" to unlock Iphones but recently I heard it's legal now?? If that makes any sense. Lol I'm really desperate to unlock this Iphone cause I need it soon and I really really do NOT want to spend $60 or higher on a unlock.

As of right now I'm debating on one of these sites to get my unlock and I need yall's opinion/review on them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-Unlock...416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2186ae80
http://ideviceguys.com/
https://chronicunlocks.com/
http://www.unlock2go.com/unlock-code/apple_iphone-iphone_5s/12547.html (I really don't know about this one, seems kinda eh?)
http://247unlocker.com/ (This price for this seems really cheap and I really don't know about this website either)

Well, those are websites. Also please do reply if you had any experience with one of these websites! Really do appreciate it guys.

LordJohnWhorfin

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
As you can tell if you look up the history of my posts in this threads, i had a hard luck case and tried many unlocking services, and only http://iphoneimei.info was able to come through for me. Back in March I paid $60 I think, no idea how much they charge now, but I can definitely vouch for them.

Phiter

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2014
As you can tell if you look up the history of my posts in this threads, i had a hard luck case and tried many unlocking services, and only http://iphoneimei.info was able to come through for me. Back in March I paid $60 I think, no idea how much they charge now, but I can definitely vouch for them.

They now charge $70 >.<
By looking at reviews/facebook posts on there page, it seems that this website seems to work for everyone. I guess I'll give it a try once I receive my phone tomorrow?

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
You have quoted the site everyone recommends
Are you serious? Only you recommend Chronic site here all the time :) If you read last two pages of this topic you will find at least three guys who failed with chronicunlocks.com And it should be mentioned that they do have the highest prices :)

Last edited:

ronaldito19

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2014
If your phone is out of contract, why on earth wouldn't you just have AT&T unlock it for FREE?

because i live in mexico..in the frontier with usa..my carrier is TELCEL..hahaha...sorry i should've said that before...
my iphone is hacked and unblocked with gevey sim..i did it like 3 years ago...
but now i'm tired that i can't update the ios and a lot of apps just stopped working..and it is really slow now..

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
because i live in mexico..in the frontier with usa..my carrier is TELCEL..hahaha...sorry i should've said that before...
but now i'm tired that i can't update the ios and a lot of apps just stopped working..and it is really slow now..

You have many options n the web, from very reliable sellers, chronic isn't the only one out there.

Not to mention his prices are actually the highest on the web I've seen ever since I started looking.

Chronic seems to be charging high prices because he can thanks to his input in the jailbreak community and the large # of followers thanks to that but jailbreaking is no longer "Cool" ever since apple added most of the main jailbreak tweaks right into the iOS.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.

Really don't think it matters. If it was an AT&T phone, they will unlock it. It is all done over the web.

See this page: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.