Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cristian.calin

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
Hey guys. I have an iPhone 5 16GB locked to Telcel Mexico.
I saw that unlockbase.com unlock iphone 5 for 19.00$

Is this service legit or not? They have fancy advertising on website, and other websites, but actually no review when i google them.

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I always used Cellunlocker.net. A little expensive for iPhones but they are reliable. Although ever since I've been buying my phones outright whenever I do an iTunes restore it automatically unlocks my phone.

cristian.calin

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
Hey guys. I have an iPhone 5 16GB locked to Telcel Mexico.
I saw that unlockbase.com unlock iphone 5 for 19.00$

Is this service legit or not? They have fancy advertising on website, and other websites, but actually no review when i google them.

SwiftUnlocks selling Telcel Mexico for 10$. What do you think of them, it's worthing to try them to unlock my iPhone 5 16gb?
Thank you in advance for your answers!

sycamore22

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
Swiftunlocks came through for me every time. I've just used the 75 service for iPhone 6 plus att and it took 2 days. Have also used this service for my other android phones as well. Very reliable!

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
SwiftUnlocks selling Telcel Mexico for 10$. What do you think of them

SwiftUnlocks is pretty old and well known service. Don't know much about prices for Telcel Mexico, but $10 looks like a good deal;)
Please, massage back with your unlock experience.

Gerry7

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2014
Unlock iPhone

I got an iphone 4 (4.12.09 Modem) from someone who just got a free upgrade to an iPhone 5 under the terms of their contract. They have had the iphone 4 a couple of years and are still working for the same company so the upgrade was given under their existing contract. I need to use an unlocking service and am wondering if the iPhone 4 she upgraded from is now deemed out of contract or is it still seen as under contract even though she got the iphone 5 as an upgrade.

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
I got an iphone 4 (4.12.09 Modem) from someone who just got a free upgrade to an iPhone 5 under the terms of their contract. They have had the iphone 4 a couple of years and are still working for the same company so the upgrade was given under their existing contract.
What is the problem to ask it from the person you got the iPhone 4?)
And what is the carrier of the iPhone 4?

pixelss

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2010
I'm currently trying different Ebay sellers. for 1 no contract iPhone and 2 under contract phones. I will update as i get results.

1)

Iphone 4s - clean IMEI - No contract - rejected $8.90 ( seller: clicknfind2009 ) - trying a new seller at $13 price tag

2)

iphone 5 -clean IMEI - under contract: In progress - $10.80

3)

Iphone 4s - clean IMEI - No contract: $14.49

brandinnkim

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2014
On December 12 2014 I purchase my unlock service for two phones from officialunlockiphone.co.uk without doing the appropriate research. The status update that there order tracking states has remained the same since I've received the order confirmation email from them. I'm going to contact my bank for a refund if they don't unlock both of my phones by their projected completion date of 15 days max.

I'll post again when the 27th comes around.

pixelss

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2010
Iphone 4s - clean IMEI - No contract - rejected $8.90 ( seller: clicknfind2009 ) - rejected at $13 ( seller: phoneflah ) price tag

iphone 5 clean IMEI - under contract - Rejected $10.75 ( seller: eztechrecycling ) - resend for $34 premium service ( in progress ).

Iphone 4s - clean IMEI - No contract / rejected 6 months ago, resend 3 days ago at $14.49 - success ( took 2 days ) seller: phng4353

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
On December 12 2014 I purchase my unlock service for two phones from officialunlockiphone.co.uk without doing the appropriate research. The status update that there order tracking states has remained the same since I've received the order confirmation email from them. I'm going to contact my bank for a refund if they don't unlock both of my phones by their projected completion date of 15 days max.

I'll post again when the 27th comes around.

Oh man this never gets old, the # of people out there getting scammed by this site is over the edge now and its always the same site that everyones always complaining about.

If you need someone reliable look into this provider (samunlocks), I can vouch for him and I think others can as well as he is great for what he does over the years that he's been in business, he always reaches out to me asking if anyone needs unlocks.

Please research before going through the bumpy ride of claims to get your money back, its not worth the few dollars you may save.

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Oh man this never gets old, the # of people out there getting scammed by this site is over the edge now and its always the same site that everyones always complaining about.

If you need someone reliable look into this provider, I can vouch for him and I think others can as well as he is great for what he does over the years that he's been in business, he always reaches out to me asking if anyone needs unlocks.

Please research before going through the bumpy ride of going through claims to get your money back, its not worth the few dollars you may save.

Hey I wanted to see who you were referring but the link doesn't work. Can you fix it please? thanks!

Ericbe59

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2013
I've used unlockriver.com twice, once for an iPhone 4S and another for a 5. I suspected it might be a scam, but shot the dice and gave them a try. A little pricey at $60 -$80, but turns out it worked! Also, it can take a few days to a week or so...seems to vary, but they got er done!

Richowen2

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2014
AT&T Unlock

Please can someone help me?
I bought 2 brand new iPhone 5's on eBay, but they were locked by AT&T!!
I requested unlock codes from AT&T, and they have now sent me unlock confirmation for both phones.
The problem is, they say that I have to do the backup and restore with the original SIM cards in!!
The phones came brand new wrapped in plastic, so have never had a SIM card in them!!
I haven't had a chance to turn them on yet, or put a SIM card in since the unlock came through!
Any ideas as to how to get around the problem?
Thanks.

bob616

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Please can someone help me?
I bought 2 brand new iPhone 5's on eBay, but they were locked by AT&T!!
I requested unlock codes from AT&T, and they have now sent me unlock confirmation for both phones.
The problem is, they say that I have to do the backup and restore with the original SIM cards in!!
The phones came brand new wrapped in plastic, so have never had a SIM card in them!!
I haven't had a chance to turn them on yet, or put a SIM card in since the unlock came through!
Any ideas as to how to get around the problem?
Thanks.

If I remember correctly any sim card will work. Just put in a nano sim from your carrier and restore the phone

Richowen2

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2014
After receiving the unlock confirmation from AT&T, I put the new sim card in, turned the phone on, and no more unauthorised sim messages appeared!! All good now. Thanks for the help.

RonnyMills

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
ATT unlocking requirements changed

Sorry if this is repetitive. I was told by CSR it will be easier to unlock their phones thru their site.

AT&T has changed their unlocking requirements:

Devices may qualify for unlocking if they meet the following requirements:
•The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. For help see Device Unlock Support.
•It must not be reported lost or stolen.
•It's not associated with fraudulent activity.
•All the device's service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
•The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer's account.
•If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer's remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?cv=820&sid=KB414532#fbid=4ZvDPCqA590

jkeating2005

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
Yea with phones under contract it might be difficult. You can try again with samunlocks - best i can recommend.

I'll second SamUnlocks. Ive used him a many times and nothing but positives. He'll usually recommend the cheaper option and if that doesn't work, he will refund you and have you do the premium service. I am Speaking For AT&T iP6 & iP6+ on contract and NEXT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.