iPhone Imei unlock T-mo iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ceywat32, Feb 26, 2015.

1. ceywat32 macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2015
    Most iPhone unlocking threads relate to AT&T locked iPhone 6. Has anyone had recent success getting T-mo locked iPhones (still under contract) unlocked? Of the threads I have read found on this forum it appears T-mo is the most difficult to get unlocked. Hopefully, this is not impossible.
  2. eyoungren macrumors P6

Aug 31, 2011
    ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
    Up until February 20th, 2015 this would have been a totally UNTRUE statement.

For YEARS, Sprint has had a draconian unlock policy. No domestic unlock - ever. And no third party could get around it either.

It is only in the last six days that Sprint has recanted their policy.

No, I don't know how bad T-Mobile is but there have been plenty of people who have gotten their phones unlocked from T-Mobile or other sources. T-Mobile itself either provides unlocked phones or will unlock upon request.

But you're under contract so that's not possible. Maybe chronicunlocks.com?
  3. ceywat32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2015
    IMEI unlock T-mo iPhone 5

Thanks for the reply. I agree re: Sprint draconian unlock policy. However, I have been pursuing getting the phone unlocked for a month now and one can form an opinion based on the posts of others and various 'unlocker' service's websites that T-mo phones are more difficult (more expensive, less choices of who might unlock). If it was an AT&T phone it could be unlocked cheaply and quickly.
    There are other threads that say avoid chronicunlocks. I will have to find another service. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    You can purchase an imei unlock for it but its not cheap.