iPhone Imei unlock T-mo iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ceywat32, Feb 26, 2015.

1. ceywat32 macrumors newbie

Most iPhone unlocking threads relate to AT&T locked iPhone 6. Has anyone had recent success getting T-mo locked iPhones (still under contract) unlocked? Of the threads I have read found on this forum it appears T-mo is the most difficult to get unlocked. Hopefully, this is not impossible.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Up until February 20th, 2015 this would have been a totally UNTRUE statement.

For YEARS, Sprint has had a draconian unlock policy. No domestic unlock - ever. And no third party could get around it either.

It is only in the last six days that Sprint has recanted their policy.

No, I don't know how bad T-Mobile is but there have been plenty of people who have gotten their phones unlocked from T-Mobile or other sources. T-Mobile itself either provides unlocked phones or will unlock upon request.

But you're under contract so that's not possible. Maybe chronicunlocks.com?

3. ceywat32 thread starter macrumors newbie

IMEI unlock T-mo iPhone 5

Thanks for the reply. I agree re: Sprint draconian unlock policy. However, I have been pursuing getting the phone unlocked for a month now and one can form an opinion based on the posts of others and various 'unlocker' service's websites that T-mo phones are more difficult (more expensive, less choices of who might unlock). If it was an AT&T phone it could be unlocked cheaply and quickly.
    There are other threads that say avoid chronicunlocks. I will have to find another service. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can purchase an imei unlock for it but its not cheap.