Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Hi
My wife got a temporary number from vodafone before she transferred her old number. That all went fine.. Now when she sends anyone an iMessage it goes via old temporary number but when she sends text it comes via her correct (transferred) number. While making a call and all you see her transferred number

Can anyone help why this is ? And how we can resolve this ?

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
go into the iMessage setting and see what number if the correct number is listed. If the old number is listed, trying rebooting/syncing/restoring the phone.

If that doesn't work, log onto iCloud.com and click your user name. Click your apple id. That will bring you to Apple.com. From there, see what phone number are associated with the account.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
go into the iMessage setting and see what number if the correct number is listed. If the old number is listed, trying rebooting/syncing/restoring the phone.

If that doesn't work, log onto iCloud.com and click your user name. Click your apple id. That will bring you to Apple.com. From there, see what phone number are associated with the account.

1) turn off imessage and facetime
2) reboot iphone
3) turn imessage and facetime on (but one at a time)

I guess there must be a bug or something that requires you to reboot the iphone. I bet in 5.0.1 you could just turn off those services, then turn them back on and it would work (the bug means it won't activate again unless you reboot)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.