iMessage acrosss devices

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by HDJulie, Nov 10, 2012.

1. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I have iMessage set up on my iPhone 5 & iPad 3 & both use my Apple ID & phone number. I seem to have a lot of issues getting the iMessages to go out or stay in sync on my iPhone. I can be using it for iMessage & it will hang but the message & responses will show on the iPad when I go look at it. I've rebooted the phone. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

I've got a similar problem.

My iPhone that i've just got this week will only show conversations i've started on it, yet the iMessage conversations are synced fine on my ipad and mac, including the conversations from the iPhone...

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

The syncing seems to be very glitchy. Sometimes it will work fine between my 4S, 5 and ipad, then all of the sudden one of them will just stop receiving them. If I check, the relevant receive at address will usually have disappeared and need added back to the relevant device.

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

What kind of network are your all using ... GSM only, 3G, LTE ?

5. HDJulie thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

6. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

The syncing is almost instant for me, since its release last year. I haven't seen any sort of decrease in speed, not sure what's happening with yours.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I had same problems with them too. :apple:

8. mscbuck macrumors newbie

Do you have the settings enabled for how you receive/send iMessages? Usually the proper settings aren't enable by default, as often the iPhone defaults to receiving at only your phone, but sending from all.

You need to receive at all addresses, and be sending just from one. That has kept all my messages in sync.

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Similar problem as this, but my issue only popped up in recent days. I would sent an iMessage from my phone, it would show Delivered, and it would sit there. If I look at my Messages on my Mac, it said the text was read and I got a reply, but nothing new on my iPhone.

And like I said, the syncing was workin just fine up until last week or so. The only change that I made was I set up FaceTime from my Mac to my Apple ID, but I really can't see that impacting performance. This is all happening on my home internet and Wifi connection.