Imessage Activation issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steemax, Sep 16, 2016.

1. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

I just received my iPhone 7, first thing I did was restore from backup and my iMessage wouldn't activate. Just says "an error occurred during activation". I tried every which technique but nothing works. The only thing that worked was setting up the phone as new. It activated but after about an hour of use it's back to the same thing. It's driving me crazy! I've been fighting with it for the past couple hours. It was all working just fine all day on my SE.

2. Repelle macrumors regular

Im having the same problem. I called my carrier but they said it's not their problem, it's Apple's.

I tried reverting to iOS 9.3.5 but it still doesn't activate. It's been like this since yesterday.

3. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

If you are using the same line as your SE, try putting your sim from the SE in the new phone and reboot

4. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I turned off iMessage and FaceTime, rebooted, then enabled both. Took a while but they finally activated.

5. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

I had to use old SIM card. My phone kept saying it couldn't send MMS messages. I tried entering my number manually in the General Settings, but that didn't work either. I took out my old SIM from my old phone, popped in the new one, everything instantly worked like a charm.

6. Repelle macrumors regular

Yeh I did live chat with Apple. Seems like they're having activation problems with it

7. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

You can also try to reset network settings. Settings/general/scroll to the bottom tap reset/reset network settings

8. steemax thread starter macrumors regular

steemax

Thanks for all the input guys... just to update, I was using the SIM out of my SE from the get-go. eventually it finally activated and stuck a couple hours later. I guess it was just a lot of backup on the servers from everyone activating their phones.