iMessage and android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Feb 8, 2014.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I got an android and got rid of my 5. No matter what my wife does it still tries to send an iMessage. She has deleted me readded me cleared conversations turned on and off iMessage. I've deactivated iMessage. Her phone will send Me texts and then randomly just start sending I messages again. I've googled and see this has been a problem forever. Now it will send as iMessage and then error and immediately send as text but its just annoying. Any real fix out there? It almost seems apple wants to make it difficult when someone switches from an iPhone.

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

You should have turned off iMessage on the 5 before you got rid of it.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

If you had read my post I did turn it off. I still have my 5 and it is off and has been off.

4. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

She may just have to click on the message and send as text in the messaging app. Not sure why apple still can't fix this issue.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I did read it it says I got rid of my 5
    First problem here you switched to android. Anyway try holding the home and sleep button until you see the apple logo on your wife's phone.

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Have your wife create a new contact in her phone and delete the old one.

7. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

do people even bother reading posts these days?

according to other threads on the net:

Go to

https://supportprofile.apple.com

Put in your apple id and password and remove your device and it removes it from the imessage database.

OR

The solution for this issue is to call 1-800-MYAPPLE and say you need to deactivate your imessage after updating to an non-apple phone since your iPhone friends cant send you messages. They will do the needed steps to remove your number from the iMessage system which after initiated can take a couple hours up to a day. If that does not fix the issue then your contacts are not sending to your phone number and or need to start a new conversation with you. If that does not help it then you are not doing it right or they are not sending to your phone number. The advisors see much more than us consumers can as with most articles which are internal only and even if released to public would not help anyone because you have to have access to their internal systems.