iMessage and FaceTime not working on Mac

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by ds705, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ds705 macrumors member

I should've noticed a few days ago when I sent a message and it didn't go through and I haven't been getting notifications for iMessage. Both apps have appeared to signed me out of my account and gone back to the initial activation page. When I sign in both apps just keep loading and my password is working on everything else, so I know I have the right one. Any suggestions?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

The first thing I would do is restart the computer. Have you tried that yet?

If so and it hasn't solved the problem, try creating a new user account on OS X, sign into it and try signing in to iMessage and FaceTime.

3. ds705 thread starter macrumors member

I tried restarting it already, but I'll try your other suggestion. Also I let it keep loading all the way through and I'm getting a "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again" message.

4. ds705 thread starter macrumors member

I tried creating a new account and that didn't work either. I'm going to see if I can log into my friends account, other wise I guess I'd have to use my backup?

Well his account couldn't log in either.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Log onto Apple - My Apple ID and see if you can log into it. If you can think if you can change your password.

Plus open System Preferences->iCloud and make sure you have everything setup correctly.

6. ds705 thread starter macrumors member

Took it to the Apple Store and they had to make the mac write the serial number on the logic board. I don't know why it wasn't written before or how it worked without it but that's what fixed it.