iPad mini imessage and facetime not working ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by babybanana, Apr 8, 2013.

1. babybanana macrumors member

Hi there.

On my mini ipad it's been fab so far however I'm having some problem with it at the moment with calling other people on the ipad saying "connection lost" and imessage can't seem to send messages to people.

Do you know how to solve this issue? I've turned my ipad on and off, it's updated to the latest version 6.1 turning wifi on and off and turning the icloud and imessage on and off.. not sure what else I can do now really.

2. simply stunning macrumors regular

I'm subscribing to this post, as I have had a lot of problems with iMessages too. With both my account on my laptop/iPad, and also on my wife's. They don't show up sometimes, and other times they do, and so on.

Long and the short is I would like to see what other people say. :)

3. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

4. hansca macrumors newbie

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I started having the same problem beginning on Monday.

Strangely, my iPhone 5 doesn't have any issues with making FaceTime calls or imessaging over the same wifi network at home. However, the mini works fine on my uni's wifi.

I've spent half a day troubleshooting the home router but no luck. Have tried every suggestion from all the forums like turning iMessage off and on, turning auto time zone off and on etc but the mystery remains unsolved. Please help!