iMessage Bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by heisenberg123, Oct 29, 2014.

1. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I posted this in another section but it might be more of an iOS 8 issue, apologies for the double post

I have a friend who has an iPhone but does not always has data or wifi my messages are always sent as blue iMessages and not converted to SMS and she does not get them for a big delay

Doing some googling it looked like a bug in 2012 and 2013 based on the posts I found is this still a bug? Or just a coincidence it's happening to me

if it matters her replies have Text Message written above the time stamp no iMessage so that makes be believe she is not using data at the time

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

If the person doesn't have data or something it'll show up as sent via SMS.

3. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I know it suppose to do that but I don't think its detecting if she has data off and no wifi should my messages be green?

and why is her replies marked as a text message?

4. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Send another message to her, touch your sent message balloon, choose 'more' (if needed) and resend selecting 'Text Message'... do this twice, and the messages to her will be SMS not iMessage from then on.

5. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

When I click more it selects the message and i can delete it not seeing send as sms

6. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Does she have another device that might be receiving the messages? iPad, iPod, or Mac?

7. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

Some strange reason, by default in iOS 8 "Send as SMS" is not turned on. Check your settings on your end and see if it's on dude.

8. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

she does have an iPad, her iPad would be at home when we tested sending messages would the iPad being at home sleeping still inpact this?

----------

Here is a screenshot you can see mine is a imessage and her reply is a text message

[​IMG]

9. Jeff Flowerday, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014

Jeff Flowerday macrumors regular

Yes, the iPad sleeping would receive the iMessage preventing your device from trying to send it as an SMS.

10. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Thanks