iMessage cannot send pictures

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by drjoe66, Apr 7, 2014.

1. drjoe66 macrumors newbie

So this is a problem on all three Iphones we have (2x5s and 1x4s) and that were updated to IOS 7.1 (that's when the problem appeared for the first time).
    If we send pictures via IMessage, the pictures always show not sent/cannot send picture with the little red exclamation mark next to it. But the recipient most of the time gets the picture, although it shows as not sent.
    I searched this forum but could not find anything. Is this just us?

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

It sends for me ... My be u can't connect to the server.. Try turning off and turning on iMessage again

3. drjoe66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes no difference. Its for all three phones. Always show picture not delivered, but about 80% of the time the picture get delivered......

4. white4s Suspended

check to see if MMS is enabled

settings-messages-scroll down

5. drjoe66 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was disabled. I assume it got disabled during the 7.1 update? Thanks!

6. drjoe66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference. Every picture shows "not delivered" with the red exclamation mark. But they are getting delivered about 80% of the time.

7. iPaddude macrumors newbie

iPaddude

My pics did not send when I picked the picture from the photo real. If I go to the message area then select a person to send to then press the camera button at the side of the message bubble then select the picture it goes no problem?

8. cynics macrumors G3

I'm not directly experiencing your problem however I've found that if it says not sent, it usually is. I notice this on other peoples iPhones too because I'll get the same picture twice from them. I ask once and was told their phone said it did not sent the first one, they hit retry and it sent it again.

I can't help you with your problem though. 99% of the time mine send and say they sent.

Are you on wifi when this is happening? Data? Have you tried both? Network firewall issue with an Apple server maybe?

If you are ever questioning an Apple servers performance you can check here...

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Everything currently appears to be online however...

9. omni macrumors 6502

My wife and I have been experiencing tons of problems the past week or so as well.

AT&T in Los Angeles.

10. drjoe66 thread starter macrumors newbie

It happens on WiFi and cellular data (ATT).
    The problem started with the day we upgraded to 7.1, since then all three phones have the issue. Never had this problem before. Text messages go without problems.