iMessage can't send or receive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NickRno77, Mar 28, 2014.

1. NickRno77 macrumors regular

I get the following message when I try to send

"this person cannot be reached by imessage at this time"

Not receiving iMessages as well.

I've been in touch with apple support, they couldn't fix it, if i use iPad iMessage with Apple ID works fine.

My problem started in December when using myname@me.com Apple ID for iMessage suddenly this account stopped working. I created a new Apple ID then only ipad would work for iMessage.

I've tried different sim, complete phone reset etc etc Apple Support have spent hours trying to sort thus out and now seemed to have given up on trying to fix problem.

This is a right pain because people keep sending me iMessages but I only get them on the iPad which I don't have with me all the time.

Cheers

Nick

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

When you did a phone reset did you restore from backup or set up as a new phone? May be worth trying that but don't add anything until it works.

3. NickRno77 thread starter macrumors regular

I've done a full reset several times, once with an apple engineer talking me through the process, didn't do a restore and even created a new Apple ID.

I've called Apple again so they are back on the case, it's either there server end, the iPhone hardware or maybe something to do with Three (carrier) . I've even tt used another SIM.

Cheers