IMessage coming up for non iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

My brother has ditched his iPhone for another. But, when I message him from my iPhone his contact still comes up with iMessage and don't go to his new phone? Still goes to his old iPhone that doesn't even have a sim in. Any ideas please how I can message his non iPhone now.

2. ericp99 macrumors newbie

Make sure you are messaging him using his phone number, not his email. That could be why the messages are still trying to go through as imessages.

3. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Does he still have the old iphone? He needs to disassociate the phone number with his iMessage account too.

4. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys! No not email. Just his number which is the same but he's on new phone. How do you disassociate the number with his iPhone?

I'm not gonna have this trouble with people am I when I upgrade my 4 to iP5 am guessing? This is just because he's gone to dark side

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Tell home to hop on a pc and sign into his apple account from there he can see his associated devices and remove as he pleases.

Through the iPhone if he still has it. It's a simple case of turning iMessage off in the settings

6. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I'll tell him now. Amazed they still go to his phone and his sim isn't even in or phone even on.

----------

One other thing... Got a text from him last week that he didn't send from his current phone, must've come from iPhone. Very weird