Imessage continues to persists

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadGoat, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I no longer use an iPhone, so I have deregistered my number succesfully.

The problem is that my wife's iPhone always defaults to iMessage when trying to send a text to my number. On her phone, I've deleted any old conversations that were iMessage messages, I have even removed my contact information from her phone, but every time I try to send a message from her phone to my number, it defaults as a blue iMessage.

I've started a new conversation to her phone by sending a text, these come in fine, but if she tries to reply, it's blue again and says cannot be delivered, but then can send it as a green sms (on every message this happens).

I've send a test from another phone (that has never sent me a text before) that has iMessage turned on, and to my number it's coming through as a text fine.

I am at my wits end as to what is stuck on her phone that's preventing her from defaulting to sms to my number which is no longer registered with Apple.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Do you have an ipad or different device that may still be signed into imessage?

3. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

4. MadGoat thread starter macrumors 65816

MadGoat

If you read the post, you will notice that I have deregistered my number, and only people who have imessaged me before are continuing to get errors, but other iPhone users who have never sent an imessage to me are sending plain text messages as it should be.

5. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

I'm at a loss then, hope you find the answer :(. I got so mad when this happened to me and had to change my # years ago. Sorry the deregister didn't work.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Could those people (let's say your wife at least) try to delete the whole existing conversation that they have with you (if they are willing to do that), and perhaps sign out of iMessage and then sign back in after that, and try to send you a new message to see if that might get it working correctly for them?

7. I7guy macrumors G5

This is the correct answer, unfortunately. All existing conversations on both sides have to be deleted.

8. cynics macrumors G3

I was having a problem with a buddy that went from an iPhone to Moto X. I found that I had to delete the messages like mentioned including the ones on my iMac. Very annoying especially for him, if HE changes phones then I shouldn't need to do anything to make it work.