iMessage conversations won't delete

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by txmade, Apr 22, 2015.

1. txmade macrumors member

I am on 8.3, and I'm having an issue where I can't delete old conversations. When I go to delete them they initially delete, but once I exit the message app all hell breaks loose. If I try to go back into the message app I will get a white screen and it hangs there for about 30 sec. While it is there the phone is froze, if I press the home button nothing happens, then all of a sudden it will close them open up the compose message screen. Once I hit cancel, it will go back to messages except all the messages now are gone . Once you restart the phone all of the messages are back even the ones I thought i deleted . I went in to setting and messages and got the same white screen after I deleted conversations. But every other app opens normal. I have been in contact with apple. They suggested restore and set up as I new, I did that except iTunes put all my old apps back on the phone ??? I was under the impression that I would have to manually install them back. But anyway after fresh install it still does it.

Any suggestions??? Sorry so long, apple is supposed to call back tomorrow, I wonder if it's a hardware issue or a true bug.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

my brother had this happen on his phone. i dont know what he did, my guess it has to do with backing up messages to icloud or something. no matter what i did, they would keep coming back and restoring themselves. they were taking up alot of memory and making his phone lag like crazy. ended up ditching the 4S for the 5 so i think the problem solved itself.