iMessage delivery question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Hey, I have a small question about iMessage,

If you send somebody an iMessage and they don't have an internet connection, do they receive the message when they go online?

From what I've tried, it seems that it does not work. If they are offline and the message does not go through, it fails and does not get delivered when they go online.

This is a bit disappointing TBH, considering with an app like Viber, you can send a message to a person that is offline and once they connect, they'll receive it.

Maybe I'm not doing something right?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Works for me. I came out of the train tunnel this morning and I got 2 iMessages that had been sent when I was in there.

I don't know why yours isn't working.

3. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Hmmm... That's strange! It works whilst I'm on the tube and out of 3G/WiFi.
    Try signing out of iMessage, restarting the device, updating software etc etc.

Then try signing back in to iMessage. - Otherwise, I'd take it to an Apple Store.

4. jwm2 macrumors regular

I've never had a problem receiving messages either. I turn my phone off at various times when i don't want to be bothered and when i power it back up the messages come through just fine.

5. Cod3rror, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Thanks for the replies guys.

Turns out the other party did not have iMessages properly activated so they weren't going through, even though it indicated on my side that iMessage was on.