iPad iMessage Email Address Added to Pop Up

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Magaman, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Magaman macrumors regular

I just put iOS 6 on my iPad 2. When activating iMessages with my iCloud ID I get 3 pop ups saying that the email addresses I use are being added to "MacBook pro 4" "MacBook pro 10" "my MacBook Pro" anyone know what exactly this means? Is it trying to add the account info to various MacBooks I've owned over the years?

2. ek9max macrumors regular

This happend to me today too. And people sending me messages are saying that they aren't going through. Even though I'm getting them. My understanding is that the aren't getting through to all the machines that iMessage is registering to, so they are getting delivery failed notices.

Please help us!

3. Magaman thread starter macrumors regular

In the few test messages I haven't heard of any issues, though we we testing ios 6 to ios 6/ ml. Messages were showing on my iPad and laptop exactly at the same time. I'm just wondering what this linking of email address to computers mean, I don't want iMessages down the road popping up on old laptops my parents now use.

To me it seems like there is some sort of iMessage/iCloud device authorization going on similar to iTunes, I wonder if down the road we can see which devices are being tied to iCloud and then deauthorize them.