Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mautz001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Hey,

after installing Mountain Lion I cannot use FaceTime, Game Center, iMessage or Dication features... They all abort

FaceTime: and iMessage seem to have a authentification error
Game Center hangs while "saving" settings
Dication - openes, then immediately stops (like siri when you try to use it on non 4S)

Any help with that? :(

drking

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
USA
iMessage, FaceTime and Dication error

Same problem here with both iMessage and FaceTime.

Dictation doesn't work for me either.
I've read on the apple forums where others are having problems getting dictation to work too. Mine worked one time (so at least I know it's capable of working), but hasn't worked since.

Hopefully someone can provide some help.

drking :)

drking

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
USA
Dictation error

I found out with someone else's help that 1Password could be interfering with Dictation. After I disabled 1Password, Dictation now works as it should.

drking

drking

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
USA
Dictation error

Disabling 1Password worked for awhile. But now Dictation is back to not working again. bummer :(

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Dictation isn't working for quite a few people.

Not sure whats going on with Messages though, check the details are correct in the preferences.

Dr.LectorII

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
China
Same problem with Messages, but noticed if I start Messages with wifi off (no internet connection) it works and when running switching on the wifi again.

A bit odd, but it makes me get on Messages!

drking

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
USA
Update on Dictation:

I found two programs (for me personally anyway) that interfere with dictation and if either are running will not allow me to use dictation: 1Password and BackBlaze (a backup program).

I can quit 1Password, but if the the agent itself is still running in the background (noticed in the Activity Monitor), Dictation will not work.

Also see this post: http://forum.agilebits.com/index.ph...on-dictation-not-working-when-1pw-is-running/

I also found I need to pause a backup program called Backblaze in order to use Dictation.

As long as neither of these programs are running dictation works fine.

Hope this helps someone else.

drking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.