Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itouchaddicted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
I just downloaded ios 7 on my iphone 4 and my sister's iphone 4S. For both of us, the imessage and facetime is not working with our cell number but it does work if we use our email . It says waiting for activation. Does anyone else have this issue? Plz help!!:apple:

chilithedog

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
exactly have the same issue!

I exactly have the same issue here!! been trying all ways read in the forums, apple support, yahoo answers. The imessage keeps showing "An error occured during activation. Try again. and then again it freezes to waiting for activation...forever. And when I turn airplane mode off, then it says Activation unsuccessful and so on it repeats itself again to the error message when I turn imessages on and off.
I've been trying to sign out and in again with the apple id, and the one in the icloud with no luck. I guess this is an official bug of ios7? Just read a new thread telling to backup, restore and resync with the itunes. The problem is my iphone4 is synced with my PC at home, while I'm working using a macbook Air now. Can I just back the phone up in this mac and restore it without losing any files?
I'm afraid about the difference in the file system. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.