iMessage failing...but it's not.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by phonewentwest, Dec 8, 2013.

1. phonewentwest macrumors regular

Every time I send a photo through iMessage to another iMessage recipient it fails (it usually alerts me to this several days later with the red exclamation mark of death) but every picture I send is being received by the recipient. How do I stop these stupid (non) failures from happening?

2. tateu macrumors 6502

Is it failing as an iMessage but succeeding as an SMS message?

3. iMacdude313 macrumors regular

The same has happened to me a few times lately. The person gets the text but I get the red exclamation mark.

I think it has something to do with the cellular provider. Probably just a small glitch.

4. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

I'm with tateu; it might be failing as an iMessage but the recipient is receiving as an SMS...

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Then it's still a bug because it's supposed to show you that this is what happened and it's not doing that.

I've had this happen to me A LOT as well.

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I have noticed this as well, but, I haven't been able to systematically determine the when/where/why. Definitely it would be nice if Apple and/or cell providers could figure this out.

7. phonewentwest thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think it's sending as a SMS cause it tells you when it does that and I'm not getting anything like that... just the failure to send message. The weirdest thing is that the failure alert comes several days later.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

When I'm on my work WiFi network, people sending me photos will see that. If I switch to LTE, its works fine. I'm assuming it's something weird on the work firewall here.